25.3.13

Mirenesse Glamm Box Make-Up March 2013


Mirenesse is one of those brands that really took me awhile to warm up to but I am glad I did. I would often get samples of their products in other beauty subscription boxes and they never really thrilled me then but I think it was because I was getting samples of make-up I wouldn't use no matter what the brand (like bright blue eyeliner and bright purple gel liner). Then one day I got a really nice sample of one of their pearl crush eyeshadows and I loved it. So I decided to sign up for one of their make-up sample 'Glamm' boxes. The great thing I liked about their boxes is that you can choose how often you get the boxes. I signed up for one every 2 months. So what did I get for my first Glamm box?

1) 24Hr Brow Lift and Shape Mascara RRP $35 (full-sized)

I have to admit I have never used a brow filler before, I have never had to. But I was interested to give this a go. It only comes in the one shade (a bronze/brown shade) which is fine for my skin colour but I'm not sure how it would hold up on people with fairer complexions. Anyway, I applied it and was really pleasantly surprised at the results. It gave my brows a nice shape & very subtle colour which looked awesome. At first I was worried it would look glittery but it doesn't. I am now a brow mascara convert and rate this product a 4/5. 

2) Sexy Secret Eye Primer RRP $10.95 (mini sized)

I love eye primers and was very happy to receive this mini-sized wand. I notice a huge difference in the overall look of my eye make-up when I use a primer and when you work 12 hour shifts like I do you want something that is going to make your make-up stay put! I am always a bit nervous selecting my skin tone for make-up for products online that I have never seen or used before but I got a perfect match. The great thing about this product is that you can even wear it on it's own for an instant lift. It smooths and brightens the whole eye area to either wear as is or as a blank canvas for eyeshadows. I loved it and rate this product a 5/5. 

3) Boutique M Seamless Velvet Shadow RRP $24.95 (full-sized) 

I got the Greek Goddess duo which is a dark grey/blackish and a blue shade. I dont normally pick blue shadows as I have blue eyes and I don't pull off bright shadows very well. But I love the dark grey shade and can definitely rock a smoky eye with this. This shadows have a genius designed little container where the lid slides down and there is a little brush built in to the back (the silver part in the photo) so your brush doesnt roll around with the product like so many compacts do. At first I was worried these shadows might be a little too glittery for my liking but I was surprised to find they are fairly matte when applied and are perfect for creating  a smoky eye. I rate this product a 3.5/5. 

The Glamm boxes cost $15 plus $9.75 for postage, so $24.75 in total. The contents are valued at $70.90 so I think that is awesome value! Cant wait for the next one! Mireneese also do the Glamm boxes in skin-care or a mixture of make-up and skincare. 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic products! I am so tempted to sign up !!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete